Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kaelyn's Story - Pure Joy!

I always wanted to be married for about 5 years before adding children. I wasn't in a hurry and worried whether I'd like having children or not. But I promised my wonderful husband that I would have at least one child, so finally, after 4 years, we decided the time was right. My pregnancy (I turned 31 before she was born) was so smooth it was unbelievable. No morning sickness, no problems. It almost seemed silly to go to the doctor's each month! Heartburn was about the worst of it. I didn't even have trouble controlling my weight.
Needless to say, we were anxious when October arrived and it was time to meet our little girl. Her name is Kaelyn (after myself and my mother) Isabella (after Mike's grandmother). I had a scheduled C-section because she was late and I didn't want to induce with the possibility of a long labor and then a C. That went fine too - and when we heard her screams (yes - screams!) - we couldn't have been happier or more alive.
I had been afraid of suffering from postpartum depression, but again - no problems. Just elation and no desire to do anything but be a mom to this awesome little girl.
Kaelyn has been the biggest blessing and so much fun to have around. Little did we know that we could grow to love and appreciate her even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment